Hello, hello, come on in. Cup of tea?*
Welcome to my website. You’re probably here after reading one of my two Jonathon Fairfax books. If so, I’d like to thank you very much, because you’ve helped to make these things happen:
- The Jonathon Fairfax books have now sold more than 50,000 copies and had nearly 1,000 reviews
- My last book hit number 3 in Amazon’s overall UK bestsellers’ list (for about half an hour, but it still counts)
- WF Howes is doing audiobook versions, narrated by Finlay Robertson
- I’ve had some really nice reviews, tweets and emails from readers, each convincing me for up to 24 hours that I'm not a complete idiot.
This is remarkable really, because… well, read my story on the ‘about me’ page and you’ll see.
(By the way, if you’d like some extra chapters of PAJF, please click on the big orange button below. It means signing up for occasional emails from me, but this is a very low-risk proposition, since a) I very rarely send emails, b) I have no idea how to sell a tiny number of email addresses to the Russian mafia, and c) you can always unsubscribe. Or, if you’d just like me to tell you about new books and things but don’t want the chapters, there’s a box for that at the bottom of the page.)
"You can't help being tickled" – The Guardian
For a short time, I'm giving away six extra chapters of Perpetual Astonishment. Just let me know where to send them.
I'm afraid I'm writing a new book
Anyway, your kind reading of my first two books has given me the time and confidence to start writing again.
I'm about three-quarters of the way through a third Jonathon Fairfax book – the last one, I promise. I didn’t mean to, but I started fooling around with ideas for new books, and couldn’t stop myself. It’s set in Berlin, and begins with Jonathon waking up in a bin with amnesia, wondering not only who he is, but who’s trying to kill him and how to make them stop.
I'm worried I might have jumped the shark, if I hadn't done that already.
Reviews and awards and things...
Some short bits and pieces to read now
And here are a few bits from my blog that some people have liked...
Find out when I have a new book or story
If you’d like to join my mailing list – so you can find out when the next book’s out and be offered extra stories and things – please put your email address in this box and press the button.
* I’m afraid, until the internet develops further, that you’ll have to supply the cup of tea yourself.